You know, I feel like all I'm capable of talking about lately is my kid. I mean, I love her to death and dammit if she doesn't do something I consider to be the cutest thing ever every single day, but I'm sure some people I see frequently are probably so sick of hearing about G and her latest cute thing.
But then again, I think a lot of moms go through this stage. Maybe not, but I bet. I have a few friends like this, but ironically I always did love hearing their stories about their little ones and the neat stuff they did. Honestly, I find that as my friends kids get older I hear less and less about them and it's kind of sad for me. I like hearing about them - although I guess as your kids get older things become less cute because they happen more often or get buried amidst the other stupid/annoying/obnoxious things they do?
I keep thinking/dreaming of the day when G is older and can talk and we can have tea parties, watch girly movies, curled up on the couch with popcorn, do each other's hair, etc etc etc girl stuff I never got to do much as a kid because I was an only child, but got to do on rare occasions with friends or cousins. But, I'm thinking in reality my kid will probably think this is stupid or due to the rapidly changing society that allows/results in/causes (? - not really sure on this one...) our children to grow up way faster than I know I did as a child. So my time with my child to enjoy some of this innocent bliss will probably only be possibly in that short amount of time before she goes to school and gets tainted by peer pressure and societal norms. But for now, I can keep dreaming and talking about all the cute things she did...
Because, seriously what can be cuter than a not so toothless grin (yeah, she has 2 teeth now - one that's up quite a bit and the other that just popped this weekend) and hearing her "I'm doing something I'm not supposed to giggle" because she somehow can't contain herself and always gives away that she's doing something she shouldn't by giggling. And since G isn't the most affectionate baby on the face of the earth since she's too busy planning for world domination (Yes, something I envision that my child is Stewie from Family Guy secretly plotting to kill me and/or take over the world), when she does take a brief moment out of her schedule to come over and hug my leg or if I'm really lucky climb into my lap and hold on tight in an embrace or lately even give a kiss....(take that naysayers - I got my 10 month old to blow kisses - so what if its the back of her hand and it ends up covered in drool...she does it and it's *adorable*). Although I do find myself jealous of the Mr. who somehow gets the best smiles and hugs and "da das" screamed up the stairs each morning. I'm just "ma ma"...no jubilation or excitement here...probably because I'm always around and boring. But I do elicit the best belly laughs during our playtime and she does come to me for book reading, so I guess we all have our roles in G's life.
I think I could fill encyclopedias (remember those things - I bet some kids now-a-days don't even know what those are due to the Internet...note to self...blog up my thoughts on that one day...and memories...ugh) with the chronicles of G. When she was a baby and I was home with her I had a blog account dedicated to chronicling our days together and what we did and her accomplishments. That quickly fell to the side when I went back to work. Still wish I had somehow managed to keep up with that, but alas I did not. At least I update her baby book monthly, take monthly photos, and record all of the milestone firsts in her book. And I still can't cut that one crazy long strand of hair in the front because in my mind it would count as her first hair cut and I'm just emotionally not ready for that. But damn that hair is like 3 or 4 inches longer than any others and it has to be in the front so it hangs in her face...I'm really surprised she hasn't ripped it out herself at this point.
But there you go, I've rambled on for almost an entire entry about her. I can't seem to talk about anything else these days. Please bare with me. I've got mommy-syndrome. I'm not sure if there's a cure...maybe the other mommies out there can let me know.
In the meantime, thanks to those of you who awesomely responded via comment, facebook, or email about my last post. It was awesome to hear from you, get encouragement, and be the lucky recipient of compliments. I kind of needed them (obviously) and it helped me feel a little better and normal.
~A
Website down!
15 years ago

When kids are babies, they are always doing something new and cute and exciting. or new and cute and annoying. as they age it's either old news, or not that cute, lol. a lot of times now even when they say something amusing or cute or smart, i don't tell everyone about it because i assume nobody but me cares. i happen to think my kids are super funny! and smart, which is awesome. but they also can be terrible. like when i hear the DS at 11pm, and ryan is in there with it under his blanket.. and the next morning won't get up b/c he's too tired. well duuuhhhh kid! and some nights he'll keep conner up too. conner is like me though, when he's tired, he's asleep. he doesn't care where or when. he puts himself to bed. ryan i have to force to sleep. they are so completely different, it amazes me every day. even when it makes me so angry i could spank them senseless. (i say them, but 99% of the time it's just ryan...)
ReplyDeleteanyway. i love hearing about the cute things Gi does (and yes, I'm spelling it the way i want heehee) because I'm so far away and can't see them for myself. so keep writing about them :)
-Bean