Thursday, March 31, 2011

What the world needs is MacGyver...

Been MIA for a bit for a good reason - we were gone on a cruise.  Ahh I love vacation.  But I'm back in action.

I've thought about this several times over the past year or so for whatever reason.  Whatever happened to MacGyver?  Remember that show?  I think I see reruns of every other show from my childhood on TV but no MacGyver?!  I watch Stargate SG1 and get a good dose of Richard Dean Anderson, but seriously, MacGyver was awesome and inspiring.  I miss it and think kids today need a show like MacGyver to inspire creative thinking and problem solving.  Plus - it was just damn cool what he could do with random stuff he found laying around.

And to tie in my focus on 'green living', how much more green could MacGyver have gotten by reusing stuff from his surroundings for other purposes?!  Genius!  Simply genius!

Ironically, after bringing up this discussion with the other couple we went on vacation with, literally that same night I was in the cabin watching G sleep and low and behold what was on tv?  Oh, a MacGyver movie!  Holy cow man!  Now that I'm back home, I'm wondering if I can find an easy way to watch MacGyver again to get back in the swing of things.  Hopefully it's on youtube or available via instant streaming on Netflix (LOVE THEM!).

Any fond memories of MacGyver or other shows you can't seem to find reruns of?

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment