Sunday, April 10, 2011

Time is relative...

I was thinking this morning as I was driving to the store to pick up G's first birthday cake (OMG - I know right?  More on this later!), and thought, wow four hours to her party - that's so little time to get everything ready.  However, four hours of work - SOOOOOO long it seems.  Crazy huh? 

And then, there are times when I think a year lasts forever.  As I get older time goes faster.  However, now that G is around - time FLIES.  Seriously - a year ago today it was Gianna's first week of life and we were adjusting to being parents.  She was so tiny and needy.  Today she's a big girl and super independent. 

My little baby isn't a baby anymore. Nope, she's a toddler.  Even though she's been walking for over five months, I felt like I could still say she was a baby since she was under one. Now she's just my baby and a toddler to everyone else.  I'm sure very soon we'll be hearing her say (or demand) I'm a big girl.  We'll see.  She can stay small for now.

Here's G's first birthday video from NBC 10:
http://www2.turnto10.com/lifestyles/2011/apr/04/first-birthdays-april-4-2011-ar-442894/

My little girl is growing up way to fast!

~a

1 comment: