Thursday, March 3, 2011

So close, I can taste it...

That time of year is here again.

I don't care what the calendar says, Spring is upon us people.  You can smell it, you can hear it - it's so close we can taste it.  Have you been paying attention?  The signs are every where!

First, you can see it.  Up here where we got a billion inches of snow in the Snowpocalypse of Winter 2010-2011, the snow is finally starting to melt - We can see a light at the end of the tunnel.  And, in my garden beds the daffodils and tulips are peaking through.  yay!

You can smell it - you know how snow has that crisp, fresh smell in winter.  Spring air is filled with much more anticipation and freshness because lets face it - that crisp, fresh air is now stale - so it gets replaced with new, fresher air - Spring air!

You can hear it - walk outside in the morning and Mother Nature is screaming Spring is here - birds are chirping, squirrels are running around playing, and all other types of animals are coming out to greet the world.

It's so close I can almost taste it.  Which means - in a few weeks the local ice cream places will open (Yay, I love me so locally made ice cream) and then after that comes the planting of the garden and the reaping of the garden.

Can't wait!

~A

1 comment:

  1. Down here spring is much more in your face. It's like, cold weather for three weeks then BAM! Up come the daffodils and pop go the buds on the trees. I love spring! I've had my windows open in my bedroom for a few weeks now :) I love that almost cold air, much better then stale AC.

    ReplyDelete