Sunday, March 21, 2010

Yes to...Tomatoes?

I know, I know, that's one of the last things anyone ever thought they'd hear from my mouth right? Yes to Tomatoes?! Of all things, tomatoes? One of my arch-rivals in life? I've actually gotten a little better and enjoy cooked and sun dried tomatoes. I still consider raw tomatoes my nemesis, but I'm making progress.

Anyway, as much as I enjoyed the Kiss My Face products, my skin didn't seem to love them. It was always red and starting to break out like crazy. I admit, it could be the pregnancy hormones, but I was ready to try something else.

So last time I was out and about at Target (I know, I know, I do shop a lot at Target, but they are convenient and actually carry a lot of eco-friendly products) I scanned the eco-friendly beauty aisle for something new to try and stumbled onto the Yes to line by Yes to Carrots: http://www.yestocarrots.com/

They have several different product lines:
Yes to Carrots - For Normal to Dry Skin
Yes to Tomatoes - For Oily/Combination Skin
Yes to Cucumbers - For Normal to Sensitive Skin
See http://www.yestocarrots.com/?CategoryID=163 for complete details on each product.

Being that I was having issues with Oily/Combo skin, I decided to try to the Tomatoes line based on the description: combines red organic fruits and vegetables and dead sea minerals.

I opted to try the starter kit which was $19.99 and included face lotion, cleanser, and a face mask:
I've been using the products for a little over a week and I've already noticed a nice difference. A lot of my break outs have cleared up and my skin feels much better. It was a little red for a few days, but then again, it was red before using, so it could be the healing. None of the ingredients I've seen to avoid are in here and there are lots of organic ingredients. It has a nice, appealing scent. I especially like the cleanser. The face lotion might not be moisturizing enough for me, although I need to give it more time to determine that for sure. I like the mask as well.
So, here's another green beauty product you can try if you are looking to switch. And, I now have another reason to like tomatoes a little more...

~Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment